Have you ever wanted to be a spy, a detective, a private investigator or the next James Bond? Spying isn’t as easy as it looks, but with a little training you will be on your first covert mission. Take your sleuthing skills to the next level with the help of these top selling spy books.
I, Spy: How to Be Your Own Private Investigator
World renowned private investigator Dan Ribacoff will show you how to be your own private eye. With decades of experience in public safety, private investigation, and credibility assessment he will provide time-tested tips as well as stories of true crime.
- The do’s and don’ts of surveillance
- How to conduct a stakeout–from what to wear to what to bring
- How to track down anyone anywhere
- How to collect and interpret evidence
- How to tell if someone is lying
- How to protect your home, your valuables, and your privacy
- How to know if you’re being stalked
The Real Spy’s Guide to Becoming a Spy
Have you ever wondered what spies really do? This kid friendly book was created by the founding executive director of the International Spy Museum, who is also a former operative in the CIA’s Clandestine Service. This is the official handbook for kids who dream of one day becoming a spy or working in the intelligence field.
- Grade 4–8—In this manual for would-be secret agents
- Earnest gives an overview of a spy’s life & jargon needed for the position
- Tips and tactics for honing surveillance skills, and some
- True life stories
- Practice writing code
- Learn to describe someone in ten seconds
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Private Investigating
Former FBI agent and private investigator Steven Kerry Brown shares his hard-won expertise on everything you need to know to track down people, as well as fascinating stories from his cases.
- Investigating backgrounds of potential employees or spouses
- Searching public records online and at the courthouse
- Catching a cheating spouse and gathering evidence for divorce cases
- Finding runaway teenagers
- Doing diligent searches connected with adoptions and estates
- Tracking down burglars, thieves, pickpockets, and purse snatchers
Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life
In his engaging and empowering book, Jason Hanson shares with readers his guide to staying safe in an increasingly dangerous world. He also teaches everyday citizens to defend themselves at his Spy Escape and Evasion school.
- Prevent home invasions, carjackings, muggings, and other violent crimes
- Run counter-surveillance and avoid becoming a soft target
- Recognize common scams at home and abroad
- Become a human lie detector in any setting
- Gain peace of mind by being prepared for anything
Spy the Lie
Former CIA Officers Teach You How to Detect Deception in this game changer. You may never read another book that has a more dramatic impact on your career, your relationships, or your future.
- How to recognize deceptive behaviors, both verbal and nonverbal
- Gain ability to tell whether someone is lying or telling the truth
- Learn secrets to the art of asking questions that elicit the truth
- Learn fascinating anecdotes from the authors intelligence careers
- Catch deceptive behavior from children, spouses or employees